We are proud to say our RSO is the best in the market today
When it comes to knowing your pot, most people can wager a guess at what CBD or THC are, and often are aware of the effects of cannabis. But, what is Rick Simpson Oil (RSO), and what does the oddly-named cannabis oil do?
What Is Rick Simpson Oil?
Created by Canadian medical marijuana activist Rick Simpson, RSO is a cannabis-derived oil that has an especially high concentration of marijuana’s psychoactive compound, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). THC has some pretty potent effects that, when concentrated, have shown signs of being able to treat a variety of ailments. RSO is generally made with indica-heavy strains of marijuana, and Simpson himself recommends making your own RSO.
By using a high-THC strain like Cannabis indica, RSO’s sedative effects supposedly aid in healing the body from a variety of ailments.
Simpson originally created the so-called “Rick Simpson oil” in 2003, when he was diagnosed with a form of skin cancer called basal cell carcinoma. Simpson had had success in treating other ailments in the past, and decided to try treating his skin cancer with high-THC cannabis oil. Simpson reportedly read a study by the Journal of the National Cancer Institute which showed cancerous cell regression in mice by using THC, and decided to try it. Simpson allegedly applied the oil to bandages and left them on his cancerous spots for several days – after which the spots allegedly disappeared. And despite his own doctor’s refusal to acknowledge the benefits, Simpson began making his oil and proclaiming the benefits.
But, what is actually in RSO?
RSO can be made by reducing cannabis in alcohol (typically 99% isopropyl alcohol), which concentrates the plant’s compounds like THC. For this reason, RSO is typically made with THC-heavy cannabis strains like indica.
RSO is perhaps most commonly used as an alternative to cancer treatments. But the oil has also been used to treat a variety of other health issues including asthma, multiple sclerosis, anxiety, depression, inflammation and a variety of other conditions. Since RSO is high in THC, it possesses similar medicinal qualities to the compound itself. THC has been known to potentially treat the same conditions and many more – including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease and even eating disorders.
Benefits of Rick Simpson Oil
The principle benefits of using RSO have been publicized in relation to cancer treatments, but span into other categories as well.
As a concoction high in THC, RSO has been said to have benefits that include treating arthritis, insomnia, depression, high blood pressure, and a variety of other major diseases. Still, due to the lack of research on RSO, experts are reserved in touting its benefits.
Rick Simpson Oil and Cancer
One of RSO’s principle uses and alleged benefits is as an alternative treatment for cancers.
Simpson pulled from an original study that showed THC being used to reduce cancerous tumors in mice. But other studies have shown similar results. A 2014 study by the American Association for Cancer Research showed that THC and CBD were helpful when used alongside traditional radiation treatments for cancer. In fact, the study showed that the two compounds may be useful in enhancing the effectiveness of the radiation treatment due to the THC and CBD may help better condition cells for reception to radiation therapy.
Additionally, some studies have shown that the use of CBD and THC (both of which are present in RSO, although THC is more concentrated) can slow the progress of cancer cells or even stop them altogether. In fact, medical cannabis supporter Dr. Aung-Din, M.D. — a general neurology and neuro-psychiatry specialist — told TheStreet earlier this year that he has seen massive improvement in a variety of areas with cannabis use – including cancer.
“I’m treating patients with PTSD, fibromyalgia, cancers [and am] finding cancers regressing when chemotherapy was not helping, so it’s a pretty amazing journey,” Dr. Aung-Din said.
A commonly referred to case in favor of RSO treatment is a case of a 14-year-old girl who used RSO to treat terminal acute lymphoblastic leukemia with a Philadelphia chromosome mutation, detailed in a 2013 study. The girl used RSO and hemp oil regularly, which appeared to help treat the cancer but ultimately remained inconclusive due to her subsequent death from gastrointestinal problems. In fact, the case report concluded:
“…[The] numerous research studies and this particular clinical case are powerful enough to warrant implementing clinical trials to determine dose ranges, cannabinoid profiles and ratios, the methods of administration that produce the most efficacious therapeutic responses and the reproducibility of the results.”
Still, even alongside chemotherapy, THC has been known to help alleviate some of the symptoms like nausea and can increase appetite.
RSO, as a concentrated THC treatment, has been known to exhibit some of these benefits in relation to cancer treatment, but the lack of studies should leave users and readers wary.
How Is Rick Simpson Oil Dosed?
RSO is created by using a solvent to break down cannabis into a highly concentrated form, and is often taken in doses.
However, for maximum health benefits, Simpson advocates for a dosage regimen that consumes 60 grams of RSO over a 90-day period.
Doses are typically done in different week segments, where week one would include three doses per day of about 1/4 a drop of RSO, weeks two to five would double the dosage each time until you reach one gram per day, and weeks five to 12 dole out one gram per day until reaching the full 60 grams over the 90 days.
NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS.
Its true that RSO has so many negative side effects this is because many companies used the wrong solvent like ”Naphtha” for extraction, but we did allot of Research to come out with the best method of extraction as to prevent the high risk of taking RSO. So we can proudly say our RSO oil has no negative side effects than getting you high for just an hour maximum with so doing its 100% safe for patients to use.
HOW TO MAKE RICK SIMPSON OIL (RSO)
IMPORTANT: These instructions are directly summarized from Rick Simpson’s official website. Cannabis extractions should always be performed by a licensed professional. If you are venturing to try this extraction process yourself, you will need to be extremely careful when boiling solvents off as the entire process is extremely flammable. AVOID smoking, sparks, stove-tops, heat guns, and red hot heating elements. Set up a fan to blow fumes away from the pot, and set up in a well-ventilated area for whole process.
To make Rick Simpson Oil (RSO), start with one ounce of dried herb. One ounce will typically produce 3-4 grams of oil, although the amount of oil produced per ounce will vary strain to strain. A pound of dried material will yield about two ounces of high quality oil.
- Place the completely dry material in a plastic bucket.
- Dampen the material with the solvent you are using. Many solvents can be used. You can use pure naphtha, ether, butane, 99% isopropyl alcohol, But this solvent is not advisable to be used since its dangerous for the human health so we recommend you use Food-grade or even water. Two gallons of solvent is required to extract the THC from one pound, and 500 ml is enough for an ounce.
- Crush the plant material using a stick of clean, untreated wood or any other similar device. Although the material will be damp, it will still be relatively easy to crush up because it is so dry.
- Continue to crush the material with the stick, while adding solvent until the plant material is completely covered and soaked. Remain stirring the mixture for about three minutes. As you do this, the THC is dissolved off the material into the solvent.
- Pour the solvent oil mixture off the plant material into another bucket. At this point you have stripped the material of about 80% of its THC.
- Second wash: again add solvent to the mixture and work for another three minutes to extract the remaining THC.
- Pour this solvent oil mix into the bucket containing the first mix that was previously poured out.
- Discard the twice washed plant material.
- Pour the solvent oil mixture through a coffee filter into a clean container.
- Boil the solvent off: a rice cooker will boil the solvent off nicely, and will hold over a half gallon of solvent mixture. CAUTION: avoid stove-tops, red hot elements, sparks, cigarettes, and open flames as the fumes are extremely flammable.
- Add solvent to rice cooker until it is about ¾ full and turn on HIGH heat. Make sure you are in a well-ventilated area and set up a fan to carry the solvent fumes away. Continue to add mixture to cooker as solvent evaporates until you have added it all to the cooker.
- As the level in the rice cooker decreases for the last time, add a few drops of water (about 10 drops of water for a pound of dry material). This will help to release the solvent residue, and protect the oil from too much heat.
- When there is about one inch of solvent-water mixture in the rice cooker, put on your oven mitts and pick the unit up and swirl the contents until the solvent has finished boiling off.
- When the solvent has been boiled off, turn the cooker to LOW heat. At no point should the oil ever reach over 290˚ F or 140˚ C.
- Keep your oven mitts on and remove the pot containing the oil from the rice cooker. Gently pour the oil into a stainless steel container
- Place the stainless steel container in a dehydrator, or put it on a gentle heating device such as a coffee warmer. It may take a few hours but the water and volatile terpenes will be evaporated from the oil. When there is no longer any surface activity on the oil, it is ready for use.
- Suck the oil up in a syringe (or in any other container you see fit). A syringe will make the oil easy to dispense. When the oil cools completely it will have the consistency of thick grease.THC : CBD Ratio 3:1THC: 91.67%CBD: 26.02%Strains Used: Northern Lighs, OG Kush, White Widow,EFFECTS: Kills Cancer Cells, Pains, Fibromyal, Anxiety, depression, diabetes, insomnia, lyme, lupus, CFS and many others
The price 880$ is for 60 grams for the 90 days protocol